The Asbestos Diseases Society
of Australia Inc.
The Asbestos Diseases Society of Australia (Inc) (the Society) is a caring, non-profit, charitable organisation which was founded in 1979 to pursue the following broad objectives:
- Providing counselling and support services to those who develop asbestos-related diseases and their families
- Providing economic assistance to those who suffer financial hardship or social disadvantage as a result of contracting asbestos-related illness
- Political Lobbying and advocacy in asbestos-related matters
- Fundraising for medical research and support services for asbestos diseases victims and their families
- Raising community awareness of the dangers associated with asbestos in the community, and providing information thereon as requested